Skip to main content

Saved By The Mahjong Buddies...

A few posts back I mentioned that I was the only one left among my siblings here for the weekend. One of the pitfalls of this is all attention is focused on me. Case in point a few minutes back whilst having lunch my Grandma suddenly launched into this diatribe about us (i.e. us kids, if you can call us kids still) being aloof in regards to the family business. Between spoon fulls of Paksiw na Bangus and rice I was thinking "where the F this did come from?" In situations like this I think that we are faced with two make that 3 choices. Number 1, Walk Away, not an option since I didn't want to get my head chewed off some more. Number 2, Attempt a Rebuttal, nota bene the keyword here is ATTEMPT you can NEVER EVER win, I wasn't in the mood to argue. Number 3, Shut your pie hole and take it up the tail pipe, probably not the most famous of options especially nowadays when MTV has corrupted our morals, and our very souls. But being reared in a traditional passive-aggressive 2nd Generation Chinese family I was actually ok with this. In retrospect when I was younger I always went with option 2, I was young and foolish. I know better now. Me and my bro always say: "Less talk, less mistake" now it doesn't always hold up cause I got slammed without uttering a single word but you get the picture. Moving on, my Jedi senses told me that the real verbal sermon was about to insue (I had the opening remarks while enjoying my soup)... and there it was... a sign of rescue... DING DONG! Salvation! My Ama's Mahjong crew arrived to fetch her. Ever the opportunist I engaged both friends in some small talk (which I actually enjoyed). Deflection! They proceeded to chat amongst themselves and I slipped away clean. I would've liked to go for seconds but didn't want to press my luck. Hey I'm getting fat anyway so I guess that's good too. Thinking about what she said though I do feel that I should be more involved with the family business. Maybe take more responsibility. Jeez... Saturday afternoon, long weekend and I'm thinking of work, NICE. I guess my grandma wins afterall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts