Skip to main content

The Price of Mobility

If you follow me on jaiku (you can add me: bnycastro) you already know that I got a separate SIM card for my UX. For those not on jaiku here's the low down on my latest attempt at always being connected. The UX has WiFi and BT, it also has an EDGE/GPRS modem built-in I was able to unlock it [it was locked to Cingular] the 1st week I got it.

A few weeks back during holy week I slapped my GLOBE postpaid SIM in there mainly because I was too lazy to tether my Treo and haven't been able to get BT DUN to work on Vista Home Premium. Long story short I racked up 8,444++ PhP for the few hours I was surfing and checking mail. Shitballs! Not good! To rectify over spending I temporarily got a SMART pre-paid card [10 PhP for 30 mins] I am seriously considering [I got all the forms here at Globe's GH Hub] getting a Globe Visibility plan [2,000 PhP per month unlimitted data with free USB HSDPA modem] the catch is it'll be a 2 year lockdown. That'll add to my already high monthly overhead. I have a 1,800PhP consumable plan on SMART for my Treo, and 800PhP Globe consumable for my Nokia 3120. If I get Visibility that'll shoot up to 4,600 PhP [provided I don't go over my allocated free minutes and SMS - note to self: you go over!]. So were looking at around 5000 to 5500 PhP fair estimate. That right there is a huge chunk of my monthly salary [boo!]. As it stands it seems Globe is my only alternative as SMART has yet to announce a similar unlimmited data plan [just got off on the phone with SMART customer service]. Shitballs, what do you think I should do? Can anyone share how they keep connected when not in range of WiFi hotspots?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts