Skip to main content

Goodbye ExecBean you will be missed...

I've sold my O2 XDA Exec... it served me well for the past 5 ~ 6 months that I had it. I definitely miss the huge VGA screen and spacious QWERTY and SD expansion but am happy that I feel lighter as well. Admittedly it was a brick of a device, a powerful device for sure but a brick nonetheless. I am now on the lookout for a new mobile currently using my mom's Nokia N6108 as a spare mobile [for my Globe SIM]. On related news, the Brando aluminum case I ordered online for my TyTN hasn't arrived yet! Dammit! I wish it comes before the holidays so I can protect my device when I go to parties or what not. I'll be sure to post a review of it when it comes.

I was looking at the HTC s620 [HTC Excalibur] and Samsung's i320N yesterday very tempting! I might wait for the dopod version of the HTC Excalibur [dopod c720w] or Samsung's SGH-i607 [BlacJack]. I was playing around with the Excalibur yesterday and I felt that the buttons were on the small side and quite cramped... well of course I came from a Exec and am now using a TyTN, which have relatively spacious QWERTY keyboards. I do feel that the Excalibur has a 'finger-nail' QWERTY as opposed to a thumb board like the TyTN's and Exec's. It might need a few days of getting used too. Also I find the JOGGR strip that HTC introduced in the Excalibur pretty lame... oh well, atleast it had WiFi and is really compact. I like the rubber-like finish, in my inspection of the device it seems that it lacks a lanyard loop, which I found odd as it is small enough to be hung from the neck and I feel that all mobiles need one just in case the user wants to put a handstrap/neckstrap or phone charms for that matter, I think until they make a material that sticks the device on your hand until you let go a lanyard loop should come standard on any mobile [or device for that matter]. The i320N from Samsung looks nice as well, but having no WiFi and after reading reviews indicating poor uptime I might stay away from Samsung for a bit more [almost all their mobiles have poor uptime]. Honestly, I am in a bit of a dilemma as to what to get... should I get another full PocketPC phone or just stick with a WM smartphone? I would like to play around with the Smartphone OS some more, which would entail a lot of forum reading and re-learning [used to own a Motorola MPx 220 which ran WM2003SE for Smartphone] and also buying apps. If I get another PocketPC Phone it would be a bit of overkill don't you think? I would have most the apps I use daily since I've bought them already. I think for a 2ndary mobile a WM Smartphone would do. Yeah, that's it... I'll just have to rough it out with this Nokia [I've given up on Nokia for the moment] for a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings