Skip to main content

Dopod 595 Announced


Dopod has announced it's next generation WM Smartphone... the Dopod 595
--
Specs:
  • Triband GSM [800/900/1800] and UMTS [2100]
  • Bluetooth 2.0
  • 2.2" inch 240 x 320 65K Colour Display
  • miniUSB for synchronization and charging
  • Dual Cameras 0.3MP [video calls and self portraits] and 1.3MP [pics and vids]
  • 300mhz Samsung Processor
  • 64Mb RAM and 128Mb ROM
  • Windows Mobile 5 for Smartphones
  • Weight: 115 grams w/battery
  • Size: 112.4 x 49 x 14.8 [in mm]
  • Talk time: up to 5 hours
  • microSD Slot [transFlash]
--
It's sad that WiFi has been left out with this model. But if you don't mind the data costs [3G or GPRS] then this might be the mobile for you. Thinking about it there is no point for me to get this as my 2ndary mobile as my Exec operates on exactly the same bands and has WiFi plus the ease of use with a VGA touchscreen and a full QWERTY keyboard plus the more robust PocketPC OS [unless I consider size and weight].
--
So far I am eyeing the 838 pro as my next primary device [I blogged about it yesterday], but I really wanted a Windows Mobile Smartphone as my 2ndary or weekend phone, I might have to go with the older s300 [no WiFi but is a clamshell one] or 577w model [this one has WiFi] also on WM5 we'll see... I'm getting bored with my dumb Nokia N3100 [using Globe post paid] the Exec [using SMART pre-paid for 3G] is great but literally huge!
--
dopod 595 @ dopod's Singapore website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts