Skip to main content

Review|BJ Silicone Case for Dopod 900 [HTC Universal]

First off thanks to Cubie 'Gorgeous' Cu for this case, and JM for bringing it back to Manila.
--
Tired of waiting for the Universal's silicone case to arrive via my usual haunts for PDA Accessories I asked Cubie to get me one in Hong Kong. Although the label says it is for the dopod 900 it will fit all variants of the HTC Universal [including my O2 XDA Exec].
--
I've always been a fan of Silicone cases. I actually owned 3 silicone cases for my imate JAM, and 1 for my dopod 838 [even if it was useless as the slider could not be opened with it on the device]. Anyway now I have an alternative way of carrying my device, I just hope I don't get to pissed off with all the lint.
--
Pros:
  1. Adds almost no weight to your device
  2. Low profile and thin but offers some shock protection.
  3. Washable. Unlike most cases silicone can be removed and washed with soap and water.
  4. Complete access to all buttons and functions.

Cons:
  1. Some parts of the device are exposed mainly the pivot assembly for the screen. as expected you can't cover everything especially if it has rotating/moving parts.
  2. Some cutouts were not as clean [no big deal really unless your really really anal] you could probably clean it up with a small pair of scissors.
  3. Lint magnet. Yep one of the downsides of having a silicone case is that it is a friggin' lint magnet.

--
Here are some images:

[packaging]

[what's in the box]

[access to stylus]

[subnote mode]

[cut outs for the dpad and 2ndary camera]

[SD card access and power button]

[access to the camera, voice comm and volume slider as well as cutouts for the speakers and ir port]

[closed]

[complete access to the pivot assembly, mini USB port, stereo jack and soft reset hole]

[backside shows cutouts for the camera and flash, ridges are also there for better grip]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts