Skip to main content

Review|Targus LapDesk #PA243U

Category: Notebooks, Accessories
Type: Work Space Enhancement
Price: HKD 329.00 [PhP 2286.55][it's listed at HKD 269 on Targus' HK Website - FUCK!]
--
This is one of those spur of the moment purchases that I don't regret too much. Mainly because I really need it unlike other stuff I buy that I don't really need hehe. I just got it for a lot more than what is listed at Targus' website... as expected the Duty Free Shop at Kai Tak Int'l Airport in Hong Kong is not really the best place to buy stuff... Anyway I happened by this not by accident my bro pointed it out.
--
As the name suggests this is a LapDesk meaning it will help you carry your notebook and mouse on your lap. It also works as a mount for your notebook when you are working on your desk, by tilting your notebook it accomplishes the following: 1 it makes it easier to type, and 2 it promotes ventilation of your notebook.
--
Tilt Stand mode:
I'll be primarily be using this on my desk at work and at home to tilt my notebook. It get's the job done although there is a very slight shake. I don't think it is entirely the LapDesk's fault as my notebook has a pretty weird bottom... When placed on the rubber stoppers prevent the notebook from sliding. It is a better workspace experience overall. It has 5 tilt angles you can choose from.

[Full Tilt]
--

[Minimum Tilt]
--

[It promotes ventilation and a better typing experience]
--

[Rubber stoppers prevent your notebook from sliding]
--

--
[Collapsed: it fits into most Notebook bags and is only 1.6 cm thick and 623 gms really portable]
--
LapDesk mode:
In LapDesk mode the mouse area is a bit cramped but this is to be expected [note I have a 15.4 inch Wide Screen Notebook and even less space will be availablet with the 17" notebooks] Of course this solution is ok for short periods of time as the plastic will get warm eventually making it uncomfortable.
--

[Fully opened it turns into a LapDesk (Desk on your Lap DUH!)]
--

[LapDesk mode is a bit cramped]
--
For more info click here for the Targus Website.

Comments

  1. Grabe, ang coolx2 naman nyan! Not so thrilled with the color though. =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think Targus was playing safe by coming out with just a single color that's very generic. Although of course this targets business persons and 'road warriors' so I guess it's ok to come out with GRAY... :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]