Skip to main content

Darth Kegaw

Ok I went and updated my 838 to different ROMs last night, actually spilled over to the morning swapping ROMs slept at around 4am. Anyway every operation went smoothly using tools and instructions from http://forum.xda-developers.com/ the first ROM I tried was the T-Mobile UK release 1.6.xx anyway it was very heavily customized with a lot of T-Mobile stuff! I then flashed my OS only with a Qtek 9100 1.6.7 WWE OS. This OS was very basic. Anyway I fell asleep and when I woke up I decided to revert back to my original ROM because the newer ROMs removed some functionality with Bluetooth Streaming [mono only]. So I was doing the update and suddenly my PPC got disconnected! Holy Shit I was sweating bullets! The screen got stuck on the T-Mobile Splash Screen! It wasn't responding and a hard reset did not help! I tried connecting it to my notebook but it wasn't being recognize. I was thinking the worse that my new device would become a 41 thousand peso paperweight. Fortunately some folks at xda-dev had a solution... put the device in bootloader mode! So I put my 838 into bootloader mode and re-flashed with the official release from dopod... and within 10 minutes I was breathing normally again. Jeez! I was flashing ROMs the whole night before and there were no issues... is it because today is Friday the 13th? Hahaha anyway I've rebuilt my device and everything is back to normal.
--
Some 838 tips
Soft Reset - Use the Soft Reset hole on the 838's right side located near the IR Port [duh!]
Hard Reset - Press and Hold Comm. Button + Voice Comm. Put stylus into SR hole [do not release the buttons yet] the phone will boot and you will be asked to press the Send [green] button to complete the process. Hit send and you are done. Alternatively you can go to Start>Settings>Clear Storage and type 1234 then tap OK.
Enter Bootloader - Press and hold Camera button. Put stylus into SR hole [1 sec] and wait until screen fades [do not release the button] and enters bootloader [red, green, blue screen].
--
As always when playing with ROMs you run the risk of 'bricking' your device [that means rendering it useless] so do be careful. Be sure the ROM you are using is for your device. READ and FOLLOW the Directions carefully. If you are a 'noob' and don't want to risk it... it's better to wait for official releases from the device supplier [i.e. if you own a dopod device wait for dopod to release the ROM].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts