Skip to main content

Customizing My Pocket PC Phone

As with all my gadgets I'm always looking for ways to customize it... to set it apart from the rest of the devices out there. Well since this is a Pocket PC Phone my various Today Themes work with it. I am currently using my BeansterBlog today theme. Designed as you may have guessed to match this blog. I made it for WM2003SE but it stil works with WM5.0 although the internal colors of the today theme are not followed [tap n hold circles, etc] I think something was changed with the Today themes on WM5.0, For my today plugins I am using only 3. Date [built in], PocketBreeze, Device Lock [built in]. PocketBreeze is skinnable and I am using chefz's Red Redux skin which I converted for QVGA use. The Red and Black is very Sith like IMO hehehe. Come to the Dark Side! I'm also using the Black silicone case that I bought this keeps my device safe from scratches and minor bumps. As I said before, the case does not allow for use of the slide out QWERTY. I also attached two phone charms... first is a Darth Vader, and the second is Mr. X courtesy of Mongkok's night market hawkers hehe. On the ringtone department I've deleted all my old MP3 tones and decided to make completely new ones, since the 838 supports stereo sound I left the MP3 at 96kbps Stereo. So far I've remade some of my favourite tones. I'm still too lazy to set them though as WM5.0 still has no facility to set tones via categories meaning it's either you get a third party app to set them for you or you set them manually. So far I've set ringers for my Family [that's 6 contacts] and changed the default ringer. Right, that brings it to a total of 492 contacts LEFT!
--

[The 838 w/ Silicone Case]
--

[Darth Vader and Mr. X]
--

[Today Theme]
--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]