Skip to main content

Securing my Home WiFi Network

I've had a WiFi [802.11b] network at home since last year. Mainly installed it so I could use my PocketPC and surf the net and check email. I didn't put in a WEP (Wireless Encryption Protocol) Password for 2 reasons. 1) One our devices [Toshiba e740 PocketPC] was having trouble connecting to a secured network. 2) I figured no one but me would be connecting anyways. Well fast forward to a year and guess what WiFi is so prolific that in our Town House I now detect 2 more networks [the neighbors]. So last night I hunkered down and proceeded to add WEP to our Network. Our network was named default [yeah I know never thought of any fancy name] so I renamed it CASTRO WiFi Zone. I also proceeded to update the Firmware on the router [we have a D-Link DI-714+].
--
Can't say I see any big changes after applying the firmware though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts